Old 06-24-2011, 03:20 PM
"Hadijah Sahid"

Default Language Skills for Business Professionals

Enhancing Business English
Monday, 19th September 2011, 9.00am - 5.00pm, Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur

A good command of the English language verbal and written is particularly important for those
working as a secretary or personal/administrative assistant in an English-speaking
environment. This workshop focuses on enhancing the communication skills of secretaries and
support staff such that they are better able to handle diverse tasks ranging from
communicating effectively with clients, staff and management to preparing and writing
business correspondence like letters, reports and emails. This course also addresses the need
for secretaries to handle sensitive situations with tact and professionalism, either face to
face or through written means.

At the end of this one-day programme, participants will be more confident when communicating
with people of different levels and be equipped with language tools and skills to communicate
tactfully and purposefully with management.

Programme Outline:
- Communication Skills
- Effective Writing Skills

How to Enhance Business Writing Skills
Tuesday, 20th September 2011, 9.00am - 5.00pm, Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur

Writing effectively for business is a constant challenge. This one-day practical programme
will discuss the fundamentals of business writing and address common writing errors.
Participants will learn how to update their Business English and learn how to respond to
negative feedback, complaints and write effective letters of enquiry using the right tone and
style.

By the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Write concisely and with impact
- Remove redundancies in their writing
- Modernise their writing
- Tailor their messages to their specific audience
- Capture their reader's attention upfront
- Write appropriate responses to complaints and negative feedback
- Use the right tone and style when writing

Programme Outline:
- Basic Elements in Business Writing
- Emailing Techniques
- Effective Planning
- Responding to Emails and Letters

Communication Skills for Senior Executives/Managers
Wednesday, 21st September 2011, 9.00am - 5.00pm, Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur

Modern business environments are constantly changing and becoming increasingly complex. As
such, it is vital for senior executives and managers to have good communication skills in
order to succeed in the workplace.

This highly interactive workshop is useful for both first time managers and those in senior
management positions to enhance their skills for successful communication in the modern
business environment. The aim of this workshop is to provide tools and techniques to help
managers communicate with greater confidence and control and to develop more fruitful
relationships within and outside of their organisation.

By the end of this one-day programme, course participants will be able to:
- Modify their personal communication style to better adapt to the styles of their
subordinates and positively impact their performance
- Motivate staff by using an enhanced understanding of team dynamics to guide subordinates to
contribute effectively
- Develop a range of responses to successfully manage conflict whilst maintaining effective
working relationships
- Use tried and tested persuasive methods to influence subordinates

Programme Outline:
- Interpersonal Communication
- Empowering Staff
- Influencing and Persuasive Skills
- Managing Conflict

Registration fee: RM900.00 each (Includes documentation, refreshments and lunch)

For more information or to receive a brochure, please contact Ms Kuan Yee Lin at (65)
63348311 or kuanyeelin@fortressintelligence.com.sg

We look forward to your participation in this seminar.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:50 PM
"Robert P. J. Day"

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011, Hadijah Sahid wrote:

> Enhancing Business English

> Monday, 19th September 2011, 9.00am - 5.00pm, Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur
>
> A good command of the English language verbal and written is
> particularly important for those working as a secretary or
> personal/administrative assistant in an English-speaking
> environment. This workshop focuses on enhancing the communication
> skills of secretaries and support staff such that they are better
> able to handle diverse tasks ranging from communicating effectively
> with clients, staff and management to preparing and writing business
> correspondence like letters, reports and emails. This course also
> addresses the need for secretaries to handle sensitive situations
> with tact and professionalism, either face to face or through
> written means.
>
> At the end of this one-day programme, participants will be more
> confident when communicating with people of different levels and be
> equipped with language tools and skills to communicate tactfully and
> purposefully with management.

with special guest lecturer lady mariam abucha of nigeria, speaking
on "the effectveness of using all UPPERCASE characters for maximum
communication impact."

rday

Robert P. J. Day Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
http://crashcourse.ca

Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday