Old 06-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Nacer Adamou Saidou

Default "Architecture not supported" problem

Hi,
I am trying to install ubuntu client with pxe + preseed via
apt-cacher-ng apt proxy. But I always have this "Architecture not
supported" error message, stating that "
The specified Ubuntu archive mirror does not seem to support your
architecture. Please try a different mirror." My computers architecture
is i686.

How can I solve this issue?

--
Nacer Adamou Saïdou
Blog: http://nacerix.blogspot.com

Archive: 4E04550D.5080209@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4E04550D.5080209@gmail.com

Old 06-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Andrei POPESCU

On Vi, 24 iun 11, 10:12:45, Nacer Adamou Saidou wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to install ubuntu client with pxe + preseed via
> apt-cacher-ng apt proxy. But I always have this "Architecture not
> supported" error message, stating that "
> The specified Ubuntu archive mirror does not seem to support your
> architecture. Please try a different mirror." My computers
> architecture is i686.
> How can I solve this issue?

If I understand you question correctly you are asking for help
installing Ubuntu via an apt-cacher-ng (possibly running Debian, you
didn't specify this and neither the version).

Not sure if Debian users can help you here, since it seems related to
Ubuntu and their archive structure and it's interaction with
apt-cacher-ng, and I bet Ubuntu users would have better ideas here

Regards,
Andrei

Old 06-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Nacer Adamou Saidou

I am trying to install ubuntu client with pxe + preseed via
apt-cacher-ng apt proxy. But I always have this "Architecture not
supported" error message, stating that "
The specified Ubuntu archive mirror does not seem to support your
architecture. Please try a different mirror." My computers
architecture is i686.
How can I solve this issue?

If I understand you question correctly you are asking for help
installing Ubuntu via an apt-cacher-ng (possibly running Debian, you
didn't specify this and neither the version).

Not sure if Debian users can help you here, since it seems related to
Ubuntu and their archive structure and it's interaction with
apt-cacher-ng, and I bet Ubuntu users would have better ideas here

Regards,
Andrei

Hi Andrei,
you are right! Apt-cacher-ng, pxe ans all the stuff are installed on the
same debian squeeze server.
Here is what I did and it seems I solved that issue (not sure this is a
good solution, but it works for now): I add "d-i mirror/noarch error".

@+