Old 06-24-2011, 06:38 AM
Scott Ferguson

Default Screensaver/power management that is able to recognise videos

On 24/06/11 16:14, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Hi
>
> is there a screensaver and/or power management able to recognise videos?

Maybe.
But a better solution "might" be to use a video player that disables
your screen savers.
Kaffeine and VLC do. I can't speak for other players

<snipped>

Cheers

--
Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic
drugs, I see through you.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 16:38 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 24/06/11 16:14, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > is there a screensaver and/or power management able to recognise videos?
>
> Maybe.
> But a better solution "might" be to use a video player that disables
> your screen savers.
> Kaffeine and VLC do. I can't speak for other players
>

> <snipped>
>
> Cheers

Thank you,

I noticed that issue when watching YouTube, but for YouTube it isn't
important for me. It will become important as soon as I need to sync
video and audio for productions, e.g. by jack transport and then I'm not
able to use Kaffeine and VLC, since they don't support jack transport.

Especially it will be important if I should use Robin's videotimeline
for Ardour3, http://rg42.org/wiki/a3vtl using xjadeo
http://xjadeo.sourceforge.net/ .

Well, my monitor has an on/off switch that could solve the issue, if
there shouldn't be a smart Screensaver/power management. Perhaps xjadeo
disables the screensaver too. YouTube doesn't but as mentioned before, I
don't care about YouTube.

Regards,

Ralf

Old 06-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Andrei POPESCU

On Vi, 24 iun 11, 09:26:17, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> I noticed that issue when watching YouTube, but for YouTube it isn't
> important for me. It will become important as soon as I need to sync
> video and audio for productions, e.g. by jack transport and then I'm not
> able to use Kaffeine and VLC, since they don't support jack transport.

As far as I know mplayer supports jack and disabling the screensaver.
Not sure if this works via the various front-ends (the most notable one
being smplayer), but I understand you are familiar with the
command-line.

Regards,
Andrei
P.S. Good compromise with requesting CCs

Old 06-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 13:07 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Vi, 24 iun 11, 09:26:17, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > I noticed that issue when watching YouTube, but for YouTube it isn't
> > important for me. It will become important as soon as I need to sync
> > video and audio for productions, e.g. by jack transport and then I'm not
> > able to use Kaffeine and VLC, since they don't support jack transport.
>
> As far as I know mplayer supports jack and disabling the screensaver.
> Not sure if this works via the various front-ends (the most notable one
> being smplayer), but I understand you are familiar with the
> command-line.

Yes I'm, thank you. It might be that Mplayer supports jack audio, but
perhaps not jack transport. I'll check this.

> Regards,
> Andrei
> P.S. Good compromise with requesting CCs

Ok, so my mails aren't formatted completely odd anymore? Perhaps I
should add a short, objective, non-polemic signature, regarding to
carbon copies. I was a little bit polemic, sorry . There still is the
issue, regarding to replies, when other people need help and I should be
able to help them. I didn't try to answer by the 'archive', dunno if
there's an option to reply, I'll take a look.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Paul E Condon

Old 06-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Paul E Condon