Old 06-23-2011, 10:39 PM
lee

Default Importing mail into Thunderbird from Sylpheed

,---- [ http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/doc/faq/en/sylpheed-faq-1.html#d0e177 ]
`----

,---- [ http://kb.mozillazine.org/Importing_and_exporting_your_mail ]
`----

,---- [ http://oclug.on.ca/archives/oclug/2005-October/047793.html ]
| Thanks for the tip Dave. As it turned out, Sylpheed itself now has a
| built-in 'export' feature that will convert the default MH format to
| traditional Mbox e.g. File > Export...
`----

See also man formail.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:06 AM
Frank McCormick

On 11-06-23 06:39 PM, lee wrote:

Frank McCormick<debianlist@videotron.ca> writes:

Just finished Googling the subject but there doesn't seem to be any
easy way to get mail from Sylpheed into Thunderbird. Does anyone have
suggestions?

,---- [ http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/doc/faq/en/sylpheed-faq-1.html#d0e177 ]
| Mails are stored in the MH mailfile format as used by MH and EMH.
`----

,---- [ http://kb.mozillazine.org/Importing_and_exporting_your_mail ]
| Thunderbird, Netscape, Mozilla Suite and SeaMonkey use mbox files to
| store the messages for a folder.
`----

,---- [ http://oclug.on.ca/archives/oclug/2005-October/047793.html ]
| Thanks for the tip Dave. As it turned out, Sylpheed itself now has a
| built-in 'export' feature that will convert the default MH format to
| traditional Mbox e.g. File> Export...
`----

See also man formail.

As soon as I figured out Sylpheed can export an MH file, and T'bird
can read it after indexing...everything went fine.
Thank you very much. The links helped.