Old 06-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Rohit Vaidya

Default manual wvdial installation

I wanted to install wvdial to dial from my wireless 3g modem. I can do that using windows.
But since I don't have wvdial installed in debian linux I have to download it from other OS
and get it installed on debian.

The dependency path trace is as wvdial -> wvstreams -> openssl .
Even after installing the openssl deb the wstreams installation gives
me an error:
* configure: error: Required dependencies missing: OpenSSL>=0.9.7

I understand apt-get is the easy way out but without an internet connection its of no use.
Is there any better way to resolve these dependencies manually?

Rohit Vaidya

Old 06-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Rohit Vaidya wrote:
I wanted to install wvdial to dial from my wireless 3g modem. I can do
that using windows.
But since I don't have wvdial installed in debian linux I have to
download it from other OS

and get it installed on debian.
The dependency path trace is as wvdial -> wvstreams -> openssl .
Even after installing the openssl deb the wstreams installation gives
me an error:
configure: error: Required /dependencies/ missing: /OpenSSL/>=0.9.7

What level was the openssl deb that you installed?

I understand apt-get is the easy way out but without an internet
connection its of no use.

Is there any better way to resolve these dependencies manually?

Download the debs and install with dpkg.

Hugo

Archive: ittiuu$e2a$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/ittiuu$e2a$1@dough.gmane.org

Old 06-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Robert Holtzman

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 10:51:17AM -0700, Rohit Vaidya wrote:
> I wanted to install wvdial to dial from my wireless 3g modem. I can do that
> using windows.
> But since I don't have wvdial installed in debian linux I have to download
> it from other OS
> and get it installed on debian.
> The dependency path trace is as wvdial -> wvstreams -> openssl .
> Even after installing the openssl deb the wstreams installation gives
> me an error:
> configure: error: Required *dependencies* missing: *OpenSSL*>=0.9.7
> I understand apt-get is the easy way out but without an internet connection
> its of no use.
> Is there any better way to resolve these dependencies manually?

What release do you have? On squeeze, openSSL 0.9.8 is the default
install..

--
Bob Holtzman
If you think you're getting free lunch,

Old 06-23-2011, 02:36 AM
Scott Ferguson

On 23/06/11 03:51, Rohit Vaidya wrote:
> I wanted to install wvdial to dial from my wireless 3g modem. I can
> do that using windows. But since I don't have wvdial installed in
> debian linux I have to download it from other OS and get it installed
> on debian. The dependency path trace is as wvdial -> wvstreams ->
> openssl . Even after installing the openssl deb the wstreams
> installation gives me an error: configure: error: Required
> /dependencies/ missing: /OpenSSL/>=0.9.7 I understand apt-get is the
> easy way out but without an internet connection its of no use. Is
> there any better way to resolve these dependencies manually?
>
> -- Regards, Rohit Vaidya

You don't actually need a dialer to connect eg.:-
# pppd ttyUSB0 460800 nodetach defaultroute noipdefault noauth lock
usepeerdns connect 'chat "" "at" "" "at" "OK" "at&f" "OK" "atz" "OK"
"atdt*99***1#" CONNECT'

Have you tried apt-zip?

Cheers

--
And I'll tell you something, too, that's starting to annoy me about
UFOs: the fact that they cross galaxies or universes to visit us, and