Old 06-22-2011, 02:16 PM
John W Foster

Default gedit flaw need to be addressed

I've used gedit as my quick editor for some time on my Debian 'stable'
production server. Primarily for a quick revising of mediawiki articles.
I use the find and replace feature a LOT! Recently after some upgrades
that feature does not work properly. i.e. if I click on the drop down
arrow in the find and replace window...it crashes the application. I can
type in a word or highlight one, then finish the operation with no
issue. However I really need the drop down because it allows me to
select from a menu of previously searched for words. Any ideas are
appreciated. I havent filed a bug report, but perhaps I should if others
have noticed a similar issue.
Thanks
John