Old 06-22-2011, 01:51 PM

Default How to change home direcotry for yudit

Hi,

Â*

Â*I have installed yudit 2.9.2-1 version in my windows system.

I have installed C:YUDIT path. Its created folders under C:YUDIT path and mydocuments folder.

I’m manually running from C:yuditinuniconv.exe then its throwing below error.

Â*

“can not determine home directory. Cocuments and SettingsTIMMy Documents”

Â*

Could you please tell me how to change home directory.

Â*

I want convert Chinese encode file to utf-8. could you please tell me syntax for UNICONV.

Â*

Thanks

Venkateswarlu M

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.
Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 19:21:29 +0530, v.makkena wrote:

> I have installed yudit 2.9.2-1 version in my windows system.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Err... you really meant "Windows®"? Did you realize this is a Debian
mailing list? :-)

> I have installed C:YUDIT path. Its created folders under C:YUDIT path
> and mydocuments folder. I'm manually running from
> C:yuditinuniconv.exe then its throwing below error.
>
> "can not determine home directory. Cocuments and SettingsTIMMy
> Documents"
>
> Could you please tell me how to change home directory.

(...)

I can go to hell for replying this, but here we go...

There is a How-To that you may find useful:

***
http://www.yudit.org/en/howto/windows/

Update 2010-02-05
=================
>From version 2.9.2 there is no C:HOME folder, Yudit uses the
My Documents folder of the current user.
(...)
***

There are additional tips in there.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 06-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Camaleón

Old 06-23-2011, 05:08 AM
William Hopkins

On 06/22/11 at 07:21pm, v.makkena@accenture.com wrote:
> I want convert Chinese encode file to utf-8. could you please tell me syntax for UNICONV.
man uniconv

--
Liam

Old 06-23-2011, 05:16 AM
Scott Ferguson

On 23/06/11 15:08, William Hopkins wrote:
> On 06/22/11 at 07:21pm, v.makkena@accenture.com wrote:
>> I want convert Chinese encode file to utf-8. could you please tell me syntax for UNICONV.
> man uniconv

The original post was from a *Microsoft Windows* user...
(confusing ain't it?)

"The 32-bit binary of Basis Technology's UNICONV utility, which converts
between most East Asian code-sets and Unicode."

http://ringtail.its.monash.edu.au/pub/nihongo/uniconv.txt

Cheers

--
And I'll tell you something, too, that's starting to annoy me about
UFOs: the fact that they cross galaxies or universes to visit us, and