Old 06-21-2011, 08:10 AM
"giovanni_re"

Default Opportunity for moving Debian forward - Created RAID wiki page. Please add some information. ; gre

Thanks for your interest in this, Jon.

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 15:04:33 +0100, "Jon Dowland" <jmtd@debian.org>
said:
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 07:28:00PM -0700, giovanni_re wrote:
> > It would be great if someone would add some useful info to this wiki
> > page.
>
> This is not the way to go about requesting information be added to the
> Debian
> Wiki.
>
> There are already several pages on the topic, as a search will show:
> <http://wiki.debian.org/RAID?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=RAID&titl esearch=Titles>
>
> What information is missing? What do you want to know?

I have given an opportunity to the Debian community.

Make of it whatever you wish.

"Opportunity on every door does knock -
but it's never been know to pick a lock."

BTW, Jon, your erasing the useful information I'd put there, & reverting
it to the new page text has produced a negative value for the debian
community. On my behalf, i request you please not do that again.

Adding _any_ useful information (which I guessing you'd easily have been
able to do) would have been better that erasing that information.

But, your erasure, plus this response = -1 + 2 = +1 for the debian
community.

Please: next time, think for merely 10 to 15 seconds about what you
might do in merely 30 seconds to help move the debian community forward
when looking at a page such as the one I'd created. Then, move it
forward.

TIA.

> --
> Jon Dowland

================================================== ==================================
================================================== ==================================
http://wiki.debian.org/RAID 110621
" * RAID

Describe RAID here.

wiki.debian.org/RAID should get some useful information. (so I (Giovanni
Re, the original creator of this page) suspect.)

That Jon Dowland replied to my notice about this page on Debian-User is
at least a "thinking step" forward, for the debian community.

there, Jon asked "> What information is missing? What do you want to
know?"

I suspect Jon is both intelligent & knowledgeable enough to figure out a
useful thought about that, without input from me.

If anyone is at a complete loss as to what might usefully appear on the
Debian RAID wiki page, here is some food for thought:

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID

2)

"Re: Created RAID wiki page. Please add some information. ; gre

Thanks for your interest in this, Jon.

..."

== Smartphone Debian: http://wiki.debian.org/Smartphone
Join in the Global monthly meetings, via voice, about all Free SW HW & Culture

Old 06-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Scott Ferguson

On 21/06/11 18:10, giovanni_re wrote:
> Thanks for your interest in this, Jon.

Please don't top post.
Please don't fork threads.
Please read, and respect the rules and guidelines for posting - it's not
that hard to re-quote posts as they were originally formatted.

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 15:04:33 +0100, "Jon Dowland" <jmtd@debian.org>
> said:
>> On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 07:28:00PM -0700, giovanni_re wrote:
>>> It would be great if someone would add some useful info to this wiki
>>> page.
>>
>> This is not the way to go about requesting information be added to the
>> Debian
>> Wiki.
>>
>> There are already several pages on the topic, as a search will show:
>> <http://wiki.debian.org/RAID?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=RAID&titl esearch=Titles>
>>
>> What information is missing? What do you want to know?
>
> I have given an opportunity to the Debian community.

The appropriate place for wiki content requests is the wiki.
Please read the wiki editing FAQ

<snipped>

> "Re: Created RAID wiki page. Please add some information. ; gre

A page already existed.
Please modify, correct, or expand on the existing page.
Creating new pages that duplicate existing pages devalues the wiki and
does disservice to the Debian community

I'm sure you are really a well mannered, modest, and intelligent
individual who doesn't wish to come across as self-aggrandising, pushy,
self-appointed leader.

<snipped>

Cheers