Old 06-21-2011, 07:52 AM
Andrei POPESCU

Default How to stipulate default applications in GNOME for KDE apps?

On Lu, 20 iun 11, 21:22:58, AG wrote:

> Can you shine a light on why Konqueror is likely to have been
> assigned 100 as a priority number and how can I change that,
> especially since doing the update and selecting Iceape didn't change
> the default browser triggered from within KMail?

I think priorities only count for automatic selection.

> I only have a few KDE apps installed - KMail, KAddressbook, Amarok,
> Konqueror and maybe a few KDE games, so unless I deliberately
> install KDE Control Center (or whatever it is called) I will have to
> try and adjust it via GNOME. I have already listed Iceape as my
> preferred browser under the GNOME preferred applications option.

Unless you find another way my guess is you'll have to install the
control center. Did you try a simulate to see how many dependencies it
drags in? Considering the KDE applications you already have installed my
guess is not many.

Regards,
Andrei