Old 06-19-2011, 10:54 PM
lee

Default message threading; was Re (3): QCAD Pro in Squeeze

peasthope@shaw.ca writes:

>>From a private message;
> From: C P
> Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:30:55 -0400
>> Would you please fix your mail client so you stop breaking the list
>> threading?
>
> Usually I manage to set In-reply-to to the Message-id of the message
> being replied to. In the Web archive, the Follow-Ups and References
> seem OK. Can anyone tell me what other parameter might be required
> to "fix" threading as Chuck says?

Your threading is displayed fine here with gnus. You don´t seem to have
any "References:" headers, and in
<171057043.52499.41831@heaviside.invalid>, you have "in-reply-to"
instead of "In-Reply-To".

The message I´m replying to is correctly displayed as the top of a new
thread. If it´s supposed to be part of the thread that starts with
<171057043.43873.41829@heaviside.invalid>, your threading is actually
broken.

Your MUA should get it right automatically by default; what are you
using?

Old 06-19-2011, 11:15 PM

From: C P
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:30:55 -0400
> Would you please fix your mail client so you stop breaking the list
> threading?

Usually I manage to set In-reply-to to the Message-id of the message
being replied to. In the Web archive, the Follow-Ups and References
seem OK. Can anyone tell me what other parameter might be required
to "fix" threading as Chuck says?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

Telephone 1 360 450 2132. bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca

Old 06-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Ron Johnson

Would you please fix your mail client so you stop breaking the list
threading?

Usually I manage to set In-reply-to to the Message-id of the message
being replied to. In the Web archive, the Follow-Ups and References
seem OK. Can anyone tell me what other parameter might be required
to "fix" threading as Chuck says?

Your MUA should do it automatically. Maybe that 8 year ld version of
Oberon Mail doesn't have that feature?

corrupt."

Archive: 4DFE853F.9040602@cox.net">http://lists.debian.org/4DFE853F.9040602@cox.net

Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Camaleón

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 15:15:57 -0800, peasthope wrote:

>> Would you please fix your mail client so you stop breaking the list
>> threading?
>
> Usually I manage to set In-reply-to to the Message-id of the message
> being replied to. In the Web archive, the Follow-Ups and References
> seem OK. Can anyone tell me what other parameter might be required to
> "fix" threading as Chuck says?

(...)

I see nothing broken :-?

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2011/06/thrd4.html#01594

Your MUA seems to add an extra (n) number to the subject but it respects
the threading.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón