Old 06-19-2011, 08:52 PM

Default Re (2): QCAD Pro in Squeeze

From: Joe <joe@jretrading.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 19:05:19 +0100
> I don't know how big the differences are, but I'm using 2.0.5 Free in
> Sid, and have been using the Sid version for about four years. It's not
> completely bug-free, but it seems to have the same bugs in a couple of
> Ubuntus, and fewer now than four years ago.

In Squeeze here is QCAD 2.0.5.0-Free-1. I want to divide a circle to
make an arc. According to the Web based manual, Divide Two is needed;
not in the Community edition.

> There's a moderately recent Ubuntu in the OS list, and the full version
> has a ten-minute-at-a-time trial version.

It has Modify > Break out segment, d2. No doubt it will make the arc
if I use it properly. Looks as though I should pay for Pro.

Thanks, ... Peter E.

Telephone 1 360 450 2132. bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca

Old 06-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Joe

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 12:52:19 -0800
peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:

> From: Joe <joe@jretrading.com>
> Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 19:05:19 +0100
> > I don't know how big the differences are, but I'm using 2.0.5 Free
> > in Sid, and have been using the Sid version for about four years.
> > It's not completely bug-free, but it seems to have the same bugs in
> > a couple of Ubuntus, and fewer now than four years ago.
>
> In Squeeze here is QCAD 2.0.5.0-Free-1. I want to divide a circle to
> make an arc. According to the Web based manual, Divide Two is
> needed; not in the Community edition.
>
> > There's a moderately recent Ubuntu in the OS list, and the full
> > version has a ten-minute-at-a-time trial version.
>
> It has Modify > Break out segment, d2. No doubt it will make the arc
> if I use it properly. Looks as though I should pay for Pro.
>
> Thanks, ... Peter E.

Yes, I assumed you needed the paid-for version, otherwise you would be
using the free one already. But the odds are fairly good that if the
free one works, the other will, and there is a chance to try the
paid-for one before buying.

--
Joe

Old 06-19-2011, 11:25 PM

* From: Joe <joe@jretrading.com>
* Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 22:13:35 +0100
> Yes, I assumed you needed the paid-for version, ...

Yes; I contemplate buying QCAD Pro to get the features
not available in the community version.

> ... otherwise you would be using the free one already.

The free version for Squeeze is here. It lacks Divide Two
and other helpful capabilities.

> ... there is a chance to try the paid-for one before buying.

Just tried it a few hours ago consequent to the suggestion
in your earlier message. It does what I want.

Thanks, ... Peter E.

Telephone 1 360 450 2132. bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca

Old 06-20-2011, 05:17 AM
kuLa