Old 06-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Joe

Default QCAD Pro in Squeeze

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 10:45:33 -0800
peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:

> RibbonSoft notes that QCAD Pro worked in Debian 3.1 and 4.0.
> Is anyone using it in 6, Squeeze? I'm wondering whether to
> stick with Generic CADD 6.1 purchased years ago or switch to
> QCAD Pro 2.2. Recommendations appreciated.

I don't know how big the differences are, but I'm using 2.0.5 Free in
Sid, and have been using the Sid version for about four years. It's not
completely bug-free, but it seems to have the same bugs in a couple of
Ubuntus, and fewer now than four years ago.

There's a moderately recent Ubuntu in the OS list, and the full version
has a ten-minute-at-a-time trial version.

--
Joe

Old 06-19-2011, 06:45 PM

RibbonSoft notes that QCAD Pro worked in Debian 3.1 and 4.0.
Is anyone using it in 6, Squeeze? I'm wondering whether to
stick with Generic CADD 6.1 purchased years ago or switch to
QCAD Pro 2.2. Recommendations appreciated.

Thanks, ... Peter E.

Telephone 1 360 450 2132. bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca

Old 06-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 10:45:33 -0800, peasthope wrote:

> RibbonSoft notes that QCAD Pro worked in Debian 3.1 and 4.0. Is anyone
> using it in 6, Squeeze? I'm wondering whether to stick with Generic
> CADD 6.1 purchased years ago or switch to QCAD Pro 2.2. Recommendations
> appreciated.

JFYI, for a 2D CAD application there is also DraftSight. I've not tested,
but I remember it was mentioned in the news months ago...

http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsight/free-cad-software/

And there is also Briscad but may be a bit expensive for home users:

http://www.bricscad.com/en_INTL/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 06-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Preston Boyington

Camaleón wrote:

RibbonSoft notes that QCAD Pro worked in Debian 3.1 and 4.0. Is anyone
using it in 6, Squeeze? I'm wondering whether to stick with Generic
CADD 6.1 purchased years ago or switch to QCAD Pro 2.2. Recommendations
appreciated.

JFYI, for a 2D CAD application there is also DraftSight. I've not tested,
but I remember it was mentioned in the news months ago...

http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsight/free-cad-software/

And there is also Briscad but may be a bit expensive for home users:

http://www.bricscad.com/en_INTL/

I've also used various CAD programs through WINE with decent success in
the past.

Codeweavers has a list here:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=category&iId=59&sAction=v iew&sTitle=Browse+Applications

keep in mind that some programs are dated.