-   -   debian-user-digest Digest V2011 #1179 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/541613-debian-user-digest-digest-v2011-1179-a.html)

Camaleón 06-19-2011 05:32 PM

debian-user-digest Digest V2011 #1179

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 18:56:02 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

>> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_audio_software#Distributions
>
> Aaaaargh!
>
> Outdated Wikis!

There not outdated wikis but lazy people that does not update them >>>:-)

> E.g. 64 Studio is a very good audio distro, but there's no new release,
> it's completely outdated and can't be used with e.g. modern PCIe audio
> cards, and compiling several important apps will cause a dependency
> hell.

It's "just" 2 years ago. My lenny system is quite the same and I find it
very well and healthy ;-)

> JAD mercifully a dead link, because they used enlightenment
> super-crashing-DE.

And why you center your attention in closed projects? Why don't look at
the ones that are still alive?

> Regarding to NLE video apps, the apps that provide a lot of the needed
> functionality, will cause issues much to often, to use them, when time
> is money.

Then help to correct them :-)

> Pffff, I wonder why people edit a Wiki and then stop maintaining it.

It's a wiki. You find something outdated, you correct it. Complain and
doing nothing is not fair.

> For audio I recommend http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/start only.

Is that a distro?

***
Linuxaudio.org is a not-for-profit consortium of libre software projects
and artists, companies, institutions, organizations, and hardware vendors
using Linux kernel-based systems and allied libre software for audio-
related work, with an emphasis on professional tools for the music,
production, recording, and broadcast industries.
***

Well, it seems they list a similar set of Linux distributions, I mean,
similar than Wikipedia's:

http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/apps/categories/linux_audio_bundles_distributions

> Currently it's outdated, but people already started maintaining it and
> I'll remove dead links ASAP, humanitarian aid and other things for me
> are more important than Linux is, so I'm not in a hurry to write Wikis
> for Linux myself.
>
> Btw. a quote from this Wiki
>
> "We are looking for front-end developers, web-designers and
> wiki-administrators to join in.
> Interested? subscribe to the LAD-mailing list."

And how about Ubuntu Studio? Have tou tested it?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón