Old 06-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default debian-user-digest Digest V2011 #1179

> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_audio_software#Distributions

Aaaaargh!

Outdated Wikis!

E.g. 64 Studio is a very good audio distro, but there's no new release,
it's completely outdated and can't be used with e.g. modern PCIe audio
cards, and compiling several important apps will cause a dependency
hell.

JAD mercifully a dead link, because they used enlightenment
super-crashing-DE.

Regarding to NLE video apps, the apps that provide a lot of the needed
functionality, will cause issues much to often, to use them, when time
is money.

Pffff, I wonder why people edit a Wiki and then stop maintaining it.

For audio I recommend http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/start only.
Currently it's outdated, but people already started maintaining it and
I'll remove dead links ASAP, humanitarian aid and other things for me
are more important than Linux is, so I'm not in a hurry to write Wikis
for Linux myself.

Btw. a quote from this Wiki

"We are looking for front-end developers, web-designers and
wiki-administrators to join in.
Interested? subscribe to the LAD-mailing list."