Old 06-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Debian wheezy machine auto booted after poweroff - debian-user-digest Digest V2011 #1177

There's an option that enables to 'boot' a new kernel without rebooting
completely, you only need to re-edit a line in a script from true to
false or vv. I can't remember that script.

I had this issue with Ubuntu Studio or Debian this or last month, but
can't find the solution that is somewhere in the
Ubuntu Studio developers
Ubuntu Studio users
or
Debian user
archives.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Ralf Mardorf

> There's an option that enables to 'boot' a new kernel without rebooting
> completely, you only need to re-edit a line in a script from true to
> false or vv. I can't remember that script.
>
> I had this issue with Ubuntu Studio or Debian this or last month, but
> can't find the solution that is somewhere in the
> Ubuntu Studio developers
> Ubuntu Studio users
> or
> Debian user
> archives.

Here it is:

"Re: Restart always restarts with kexec

Hello,

Ralf Mardorf a écrit :

> after building and installing a kernel-rt a restart will always
restart
> with kexec.
[...]
> Is there an easy way to get back an usual reboot?

IIUC your request,
a) apt-get remove kexec-tools
b) or run 'coldreboot' instead of 'reboot' to do a normal reboot
c) or edit /etc/default/kexec to disable kexec on reboot"

c) is the answer.