Old 06-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Misha Strong

Default GRetail

Hi everyone!

My problem is that I looked for a GTK+ (2.0) compatible POS system, and I couldn't find one.

I think now I will write one.

My question is, will you guys agree to add it? To your server, I mean. So others can find it in Synaptic. I don't mind learning how to package it myself.

Thanks,
Misha

Old 06-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 11:52:16 +0200, Misha Strong wrote:

> My problem is that I looked for a GTK+ (2.0) compatible POS system, and
> I couldn't find one.
>
> I think now I will write one.
>
> My question is, will you guys agree to add it? To your server, I mean.
> So others can find it in Synaptic. I don't mind learning how to package
> it myself.

If you are the developer of the package, you can request to be included
and more. I think this is worth reading:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentorsFaq#How_do_I_add_a_new_package_to_the _archive.3F

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 06-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Misha Strong

Hi

I'd like to write a GTK+ based point of sale system. I will try to keep it more lightweight that the existing (QT-based) one, which uses MySQL etc

Will you guys include it?

Thanks,
Misha

Old 06-25-2011, 02:09 AM
Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 4:13 AM, Misha Strong <misha-strong@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'd like to write a GTK+ based point of sale system. I will try to keep it
> more lightweight that the existing (QT-based) one, which uses MySQL etc
>
> Will you guys include it?

It only depends on someone having interest in that software and
packaging it for Debian/Ubuntu (I count myself as possibly
interested). But first, you need to actually have some code that
compiles and does stuff

I wish you the best of luck and success with your project!

Regards,

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu.tl@gmail.com>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: mathieu.tl@gmail.com
4096R/EE018C93 1967 8F7D 03A1 8F38 732E FF82 C126 33E1 EE01 8C93