Old 06-18-2011, 10:26 AM
Magicloud Magiclouds

Default Problem about ldap

Hi,
This may not be a proper place to ask this. I am using ldap-utils in
debian sid. When I do search, kind like:
$ ldapsearch -x -h ldap-server -d "CN=Users,DC=M,DC=com" -b
"CN=Magicloud,CN=Users,DC=M,DC=com" -w "A^b3"
It failed with error on binding. If I changed Magicloud's password
to A2b3, then everything is fine.
So I guess ^ should be escaped. But I cannot find ^ as a special
char in LDAP protocol.
What should I do?
--
竹密岂妨流水过
山高哪阻野云飞

Old 06-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Rob Owens

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 06:26:14PM +0800, Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:
> Hi,
> This may not be a proper place to ask this. I am using ldap-utils in
> debian sid. When I do search, kind like:
> $ ldapsearch -x -h ldap-server -d "CN=Users,DC=M,DC=com" -b
> "CN=Magicloud,CN=Users,DC=M,DC=com" -w "A^b3"
> It failed with error on binding. If I changed Magicloud's password
> to A2b3, then everything is fine.
> So I guess ^ should be escaped. But I cannot find ^ as a special
> char in LDAP protocol.
> What should I do?

Maybe it's not LDAP, but Bash that is treating the ^ character
specially. Try it with single quotes, maybe? 'A^b3'

-Rob