Old 06-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Junjie QIAN

Default HELP: Couldn't find package libboost1.35-dev, libboost-system1.35-dev

Hi all,

I am a new user of Debian OS, and I am running a simulator on Debian 5.0.8-amd64 OS.
The problem I encounter is that when I execute "apt-get install* libboost1.35-dev libboost-system1.35-dev" , and the result shows that "Couldn't find package libboost1.35-dev, libboost-system1.35-dev".

I have tried add some new address to /etc/apt/sources/list. (deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free

# Uncomment if you want the apt-get source function to work
#deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free). But it doesnot work.

Any idea about this?
Thanks!
Best
Junjie

Old 06-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Camaleón

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:12:10 -0500, Junjie QIAN wrote:

> I am a new user of Debian OS, and I am running a simulator on Debian
> 5.0.8-amd64 OS.
> The problem I encounter is that when I execute "apt-get install
> libboost1.35-dev libboost-system1.35-dev" , and the result shows that
> "Couldn't find package libboost1.35-dev, libboost-system1.35-dev".

(...)

They're there:

sm01@stt008:~$ apt-cache search libboost1.35-dev
libboost1.35-dev - Boost C++ Libraries development files
libboost1.35-doc - Boost.org libraries documentation

sm01@stt008:~$ apt-cache search libboost-system1.35-dev
libboost-system1.35-dev - Operating system (e.g. diagnostics support) library

> I have tried add some new address to /etc/apt/sources/list.
>
> (deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
^^^^^^
Hey, care with that, sir! You are using Lenny and stable now points to
Squeeze. Before going any further, first fix this.

That should be (for all of the "deb" resources in there):

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian lenny main contrib non-free

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 06-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Junjie QIAN

Hi all,

Thanks for attention! I have fixed this.

The solution is that I re-edit the /etc/apt/sources/list, and delete several links ( deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free and similar ones).

I donot know the exact reason, but after the change the command works.

Thanks!
Best
Junjie

I am a new user of Debian OS, and I am running a simulator on Debian 5.0.8-amd64 OS.
The problem I encounter is that when I execute "apt-get installÂ* libboost1.35-dev libboost-system1.35-dev" , and the result shows that "Couldn't find package libboost1.35-dev, libboost-system1.35-dev".

I have tried add some new address to /etc/apt/sources/list. (deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free

# Uncomment if you want the apt-get source function to work
#deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free). But it doesnot work.

Any idea about this?
Thanks!