Old 06-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Camaleón

Default downgrade libflashplayer.so in squeeze

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 08:22:03 -0700, jeremy jozwik wrote:

> hello list, i need to downgrade the flashplayer in squeeze from 10.3 to
> a locally saved version that is 10.1.

Why would you do that? Older versions are *plenty* of bugs (and I hardly
doubt they run any better).

> if i simply copy over the version saved in /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/
> and set the permission to be the same as the installed version flash is
> shown as not installed in the browser.
>
> any helpful ideas?

Hum... you mean you did that by hand (by copy/paste)?

I think the plugin (libflashplayer.so) has to go under "/usr/lib/mozilla/
plugins/" or under the user's mozilla profile.

You can also run the update-alternatives command in same way it does the
"flashplugin-nonfree" script.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón