Old 06-17-2011, 08:43 AM
John Magolske

Default Cursor hanging in ncurses apps

At times when moving the text cursor around in an ncurses application,
the cursor will "hang", pausing for 3 seconds or so.

For example, when editing a file with Vim, I'll notice a pause,
where the text cursor will just hang, and I'll be blind-typing for 3
seconds or so, then all of a sudden it'll catch up. I find this rather
aggravating, and was wondering if there might be any way to find out
what's causing these occurrences and how to eliminate them.

Basically what I'm looking for is to have it such that that whenever
a key is pressed that's supposed to correspond to a given action on
screen, I don't want there to ever be more than a 100ms delay from
finger-action to eyeball-perception. Any suggestions on how to go
about accomplishing this?

This is Debian Sid (32 bit) on an x200s ThinkPad, running in a
framebuffer console.

Thanks,

John

--