FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-16-2011, 05:32 PM
William Hopkins
 
Default Regenerating /var/lib/dpkg/status

On 06/16/11 at 07:59pm, David Baron wrote:
> This file is full of cruft, stuff left over years ago starting with knoppix-3.
> Recent dpkg produce a lot of parse-errors from the file, though they do not
> effect anything.
>
> Is it possible to regenerate this file without all the cruft?

Yes, but it's quite tedious ime. Do you have a valid /var/lib/dpkg/status-old ?
It could save you some headaches.

--
Liam
 
Old 06-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Wayne Topa
 
Default Regenerating /var/lib/dpkg/status

On 06/16/2011 12:59 PM, David Baron wrote:

This file is full of cruft, stuff left over years ago starting with knoppix-3.
Recent dpkg produce a lot of parse-errors from the file, though they do not
effect anything.

Is it possible to regenerate this file without all the cruft?



You might want to install the grep-status package.

To find packages installed and then removed but not purged:

grep-status -F Status 'deinstall ok config-files' -ns Package

Wayne


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4DFA47D1.6030308@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4DFA47D1.6030308@gmail.com
 
Old 06-17-2011, 04:38 AM
William Hopkins
 
Default Regenerating /var/lib/dpkg/status

On 06/16/11 at 02:13pm, Wayne Topa wrote:
> On 06/16/2011 12:59 PM, David Baron wrote:
> >This file is full of cruft, stuff left over years ago starting with knoppix-3.
> >Recent dpkg produce a lot of parse-errors from the file, though they do not
> >effect anything.
> >
> >Is it possible to regenerate this file without all the cruft?
> >
>
> You might want to install the grep-status package.
>
> To find packages installed and then removed but not purged:
>
> grep-status -F Status 'deinstall ok config-files' -ns Package

OT, but an easier way to do this is dpkg -l | grep ^rc

--
Liam
 
Old 06-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Andrei POPESCU
 
Default Regenerating /var/lib/dpkg/status

On Vi, 17 iun 11, 00:38:02, William Hopkins wrote:
> >
> > To find packages installed and then removed but not purged:
> >
> > grep-status -F Status 'deinstall ok config-files' -ns Package
>
> OT, but an easier way to do this is dpkg -l | grep ^rc

# aptitude search ~c # inspect the list
# aptitude purge ~c # get rid of them

Regards,
Andrei
--
Offtopic discussions among Debian users and developers:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/d-community-offtopic
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:32 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org