Old 06-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Damu R

Default Laptop freezes after suspend/resume

Hi,
I am having issues with suspend/resume in my laptop (HP EliteBook 6930p). I am running Debian Sid with 2.6.39-2-686-pae Linux kernel. After 3 or 4 suspend/resume cycles my laptop freezes during next resume. I dont see any errors in the kernel log. Is this a known issue? How can I find more info about what is causing this issue?

Thanks
Damu

Old 06-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 16:07:48 +0530, Damu R wrote:

> I am having issues with suspend/resume in my laptop (HP EliteBook
> 6930p). I am running Debian Sid with 2.6.39-2-686-pae Linux kernel.
> After 3 or 4 suspend/resume cycles my laptop freezes during next resume.
> I dont see any errors in the kernel log. Is this a known issue? How can
> I find more info about what is causing this issue?

Although you've already said there is no trace of a kerneloops in the
logs, I would take a look into this Ubuntu bug which seems to affect the
same hardware:

[Hewlett-Packard HP EliteBook 6930p] suspend/resume failure

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 06-17-2011, 04:29 AM
Damu R

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 7:06 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 16:07:48 +0530, Damu R wrote:

> I am having issues with suspend/resume in my laptop (HP EliteBook

> 6930p). I am running Debian Sid with 2.6.39-2-686-pae Linux kernel.

> After 3 or 4 suspend/resume cycles my laptop freezes during next resume.

> I dont see any errors in the kernel log. Is this a known issue? How can

> I find more info about what is causing this issue?

Although you've already said there is no trace of a kerneloops in the

logs, I would take a look into this Ubuntu bug which seems to affect the

same hardware:

[Hewlett-Packard HP EliteBook 6930p] suspend/resume failure

Thanks Camaleón. I will take a look at this bug.

Thanks
Damu