Old 06-16-2011, 05:27 AM
Waqar Ali

Default is debian on 7 dvds waqar from pakistan

Respected Sir
********* Waqar ali from pakistan. little confusion about downloading iso image of debian i386. tell me is debian on 7 dvds kindly tell me how to download debian on 1 dvd waiting for your quick response

Yours Respectfully,
Waqar Ali
pakistan
www.pksharing.com

Old 06-16-2011, 05:56 AM
Brad Rogers

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 22:27:52 -0700
Waqar Ali <waqarrr@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Waqar,

> Waqar ali from pakistan. little confusion about downloading
> iso image of debian i386. tell me is debian on 7 dvds kindly tell me
> how to download debian on 1 dvd waiting for your quick response

You only need to download the first DVD; That has everything needed for
installation. In fact, assuming this is a networked machine, only the
net-install disk is required.

After initial installation, the adding of new software is better carried
out over the internet from the Debian Repositories. This will be set up
during the installation process.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Old 06-16-2011, 06:28 AM
Jochen Schulz

Waqar Ali:

> Waqar ali from pakistan. little confusion about downloading iso
> image of debian i386. tell me is debian on 7 dvds kindly tell me how to
> download debian on 1 dvd waiting for your quick response

You only need to download all DVDs if you actually need the complete set
of programs for some reason. But it is very unlikely that this is the
case. You only need one medium (1st CD/DVD or the netinst CD image) to
install Debian.

If you don't have a network connection during installation, download the
first DVD. That should contain all the things necessary to get you
started. If you have (fast) network, you can get away with downloading
the netinst image (only ~150MB) and the installer will download
everything it needs during installation.

J.
--
It is not in my power to change anything.
[Agree] [Disagree]