Old 06-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Joao Ferreira Gmail

Default gnome-applet top bottom left right setting

Hello all,

Where can I find the gnome-applet configuration setting that defines the
position (top, left, right, bottom) ?

I need to change it back to the default setting (bottom, I guess)...
changed it to right but the result is not so good and I can't find a way
to put it back the way it was before (this is a scenario where I call
gnome-applet from a command line on an "ssx -X ...." connection).

thx

joao

Old 06-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:53:20 +0100, Joao Ferreira Gmail wrote:

> Where can I find the gnome-applet configuration setting that defines the
> position (top, left, right, bottom) ?

Position of what, exactly? You mean the panel? :-?

> I need to change it back to the default setting (bottom, I guess)...
> changed it to right but the result is not so good and I can't find a way
> to put it back the way it was before (this is a scenario where I call
> gnome-applet from a command line on an "ssx -X ...." connection).

There are some keys that can be tweaked to set this in gconf:

/apps/panel/toplevels/top_panel_screen0/orientation

If your running from console, maybe you can use "gconftool-2 --set [...]"
to get the job done and then restart the panel (killall gnome-panel) or
relogin to apply the changes.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 06-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Joao Ferreira Gmail

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 13:37 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:53:20 +0100, Joao Ferreira Gmail wrote:
>
> > Where can I find the gnome-applet configuration setting that defines the
> > position (top, left, right, bottom) ?
>
> Position of what, exactly? You mean the panel? :-?

sorry... I meant gnome-panel !!!

> > I need to change it back to the default setting (bottom, I guess)...
> > changed it to right but the result is not so good and I can't find a way
> > to put it back the way it was before (this is a scenario where I call
> > gnome-applet from a command line on an "ssx -X ...." connection).
>
> There are some keys that can be tweaked to set this in gconf:
>
> /apps/panel/toplevels/top_panel_screen0/orientation

thx following your suggestion I ended up editing the
.gconf/apps/panel/profiles/default/toplevels/bottom_panel/%gconf.xml
file and got the result I wanted

thank you (again )

Joao