Old 06-15-2011, 06:58 AM
John Mollman

Default Unable to mount flash drive / not authorized

Hello all,

I recently did a fresh install of Debian wheezy on a Toshiba NB505.
When I plug in my flash drive, Thunar sees it, but doesn't mount it.
When I try to click on it, I get the error "Failed to mount 1.0GB file
system. Not authorized."

I've tried numerous methods and none seem to work for me. I discovered
I can mount the flash drive and browse it as root, but am unable using
my regular user account. This has to be a group issue and I'm unsure
which group I should add myself to.

Thanks,
John

Old 06-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Brian

On Wed 15 Jun 2011 at 02:58:47 -0400, John Mollman wrote:

> This has to be a group issue and I'm unsure
> which group I should add myself to.

plugdev

Old 06-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 02:58:47 -0400, John Mollman wrote:

> I recently did a fresh install of Debian wheezy on a Toshiba NB505. When
> I plug in my flash drive, Thunar sees it, but doesn't mount it. When I
> try to click on it, I get the error "Failed to mount 1.0GB file system.
> Not authorized."

(...)

Hum... I would check this:

thunar-volman: Fails to recognize removable drives

Greetings,

--
Camaleón