Old 06-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Dan

Default Translate user names with NFS

Hi,
I would like to mount a NFS share from one computer to another. The
problem is that the usernames do not match. In NFSv3 there should be
an option map_static to map de UIDs and GIDs but for some reason it
does not work. It seems that I have to use the package nfs-user-server
to use that option, but it does not exist in squeeze
http://www.spencerstirling.com/computergeek/NFS_samba.html

It should be possible to do it with NFSv4, but I need to install
Kerberos, LDAP, etc...

Is there an easy way to translate the user names of the two machines with NFS?

Thanks,
Dan