Old 06-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Jari Fredriksson

Default ntop question

I'm running squeeze and the latest ntop on it.

Ntop does not show DNS-names in its listings, but bare IP-addresses
only. Is there a setting somewhere that I can tweak or so? I think older
versions showed DNS-names.

--

Your temporary financial embarrassment will be relieved in a surprising
manner.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Jari Fredriksson

12.6.2011 1:54, Jari Fredriksson kirjoitti:

> I'm running squeeze and the latest ntop on it.
>
> Ntop does not show DNS-names in its listings, but bare IP-addresses
> only. Is there a setting somewhere that I can tweak or so? I think older
> versions showed DNS-names.

OK. There is this in /etc/default/ntop

# Additional ommand line options passed when invoking ntop
# Disable DNS resolution, as it makes ntop crash
GETOPT="-n 0"

I guess it is best left as it is...

--

Q: What do you call a blind pre-historic animal?