Old 06-11-2011, 02:43 AM
Sudev Barar

Default open source time/expense tracking package?

On 11 June 2011 07:14, Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:
> Sudev Barar wrote:
>>
>> On 11 June 2011 06:40, Miles Fidelman<mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> *wrote:
>>>
>>> I've been looking high and low for *a simple time& *expense tracking
>>> package
>>> that I can run on my (Debian) server, to support a small project team.
>>> *Can't seem to find anything but commercial web services (e.g.,
>>> clicktime).
>>>
>>> So... Figured I'd ask and see if anyone here has found such a beast -
>>> packaged for Debian, obviously.
>>
>> silaj - web based on LAMP

Sorry for typo it is sillaj Look at
http://sillaj.sourceforge.net/

> Thanks, but are you sure that's the proper spelling? I can't seem to find
> it either in the Debian repository or via google.

Being a LAMP stack package it may not be in repos.

Sudev Barar

PS: Replying using bottom post/in-line post makes email conversations
whole lot easier for meaningful dialogue. Snip out what is not
relevant. Adopt this and spread the message.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:45 AM
"John A. Sullivan III"

I've been looking high and low for a simple time & expense tracking
package that I can run on my (Debian) server, to support a small project
team. Can't seem to find anything but commercial web services (e.g.,
clicktime).

<snip>
I haven't look at them closely. There is some capability for this in dotProject (www.dotproject.net). Last I looked (several years ago), there are a number of them on Sourceforge but most are oriented toward software development. Hope this helps - John

Old 06-11-2011, 08:12 AM
"Guido Hecken"

Hi,
have a look at opentimetool.
We use it for most of our projects and general time accounting since years.
It works great for us.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/opentimetool/

Regards,
Guido

Old 06-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Camaleón

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 21:10:03 -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> I've been looking high and low for a simple time & expense tracking
> package that I can run on my (Debian) server, to support a small project
> team. Can't seem to find anything but commercial web services (e.g.,
> clicktime).
>
> So... Figured I'd ask and see if anyone here has found such a beast -
> packaged for Debian, obviously.

Wikipedia has a nice comparison chart:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_time_tracking_software

Maybe you can find something suitable for your needs in there.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 06-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Sudev Barar

Why I prefer sillaj is that it mainly concentrates on time tacking.

--

Sudev Barar

Old 06-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Scott Ferguson

On 11/06/11 11:10, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I've been looking high and low for a simple time & expense tracking
> package that I can run on my (Debian) server, to support a small project
> team. Can't seem to find anything but commercial web services (e.g.,
> clicktime).
>
> So... Figured I'd ask and see if anyone here has found such a beast -
> packaged for Debian, obviously.
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Miles Fidelman

Here's a comparison of some of the major suites/applications - you're
probably after the Open Source license ones:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_project_management_software

I suspect learning and configuring Open Project may be a larger project
than your project, but what you call small project I might call large.

How many users? Can you say more about the project?

I use Korganiser, Kplato and GnuCash. You probably won't need Gnucash as
Kplato can handle individual project finances.
I found Kplato and Korganiser needed a couple of days to learn - which
is a week or two less than some of the larger systems. I'm a slow learner.
For long term projects (site maintenance etc) I just customise CMS
MadeSimple to suit.
Some of the people I work with swear by eGroupware.

Cheers

--
Tuttle? His name's Buttle.
There must be some mistake.