Old 06-11-2011, 01:31 AM
Maros Zilka

Default generating graphs

Hi,

I want to generate a graphs of CPU usage, temperatures etc ... and then
put them on the web page. Can you recommend me some good program for
this ? I know i can use Google or search packages but i want to know
your opinion what is the best.

Thank you,

Maros.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:01 AM
William Hopkins

On 06/11/11 at 03:31am, Maros Zilka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to generate a graphs of CPU usage, temperatures etc ... and then
> put them on the web page. Can you recommend me some good program for
> this ? I know i can use Google or search packages but i want to know
> your opinion what is the best.

Certainly. Look into kSar.
Or nagios+rrdtool (for a whole environment).
Or gnuplot if you want to set up your own tool/you have specific needs.

--
Liam

Old 06-11-2011, 02:33 AM
shawn wilson

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 22:01, William Hopkins <we.hopkins@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/11/11 at 03:31am, Maros Zilka wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to generate a graphs of CPU usage, temperatures etc ... and then
>> put them on the web page. Can you recommend me some good program for
>> this ? I know i can use Google or search packages but i want to know
>> your opinion what is the best.
>
> Certainly. Look into kSar.
> Or nagios+rrdtool (for a whole environment).
> Or gnuplot if you want to set up your own tool/you have specific needs.

it could be done pretty easy with perl Spreadsheet::WriteExcel and
something like Sys::Load. but i suspect ksar is better.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:38 AM
Volkan YAZICI

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 03:31:03 +0200, Maros Zilka writes:
> I want to generate a graphs of CPU usage, temperatures etc ... and then
> put them on the web page. Can you recommend me some good program for
> this ? I know i can use Google or search packages but i want to know
> your opinion what is the best.

There are Cacti and Munin as well. I prefer Munin for its simplicity and
it is relatively easy to add custom measurements to it. BTW, both of
them use rrdtool in the background for the plots and publish the graphs
on a web page, this might come handy for you.

Best.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Maros Zilka wrote:

Hi,

I want to generate a graphs of CPU usage, temperatures etc ... and then
put them on the web page. Can you recommend me some good program for
this ? I know i can use Google or search packages but i want to know
your opinion what is the best.

You ean like this:
http://debian-oaxaca.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-post.html

Hugo

Archive: isvv8l$1ek$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/isvv8l$1ek$1@dough.gmane.org

Old 06-11-2011, 09:19 PM
"Dr. Ed Morbius"

on 03:31 Sat 11 Jun, Maros Zilka (maros.zilka@gmail.com) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to generate a graphs of CPU usage, temperatures etc ... and then
> put them on the web page. Can you recommend me some good program for
> this ? I know i can use Google or search packages but i want to know
> your opinion what is the best.

There are many system monitoring tools out there which provide this
functionality.

Cacti, mrtg (from which Cacti was developed), Munin, Zenoss, etc.

For what you're looking for, Ganglia, Cacti or Munin would be your first
go-tos.

For simpler single-system graphing, there are tools which will mine sar
(sysstat Debian package) data. ksar is an interactive tool. You can
also output delimited sar data for processing in tools of your own
choosing (awk, perl, ruby, python, gnuplot, R, ...).

--
Dr. Ed Morbius, Chief Scientist / |
Robot Wrangler / Staff Psychologist | When you seek unlimited power

Old 06-12-2011, 03:43 AM
Nico Kadel-Garcia

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Maros Zilka <maros.zilka@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to generate a graphs of CPU usage, temperatures etc ... and then
> put them on the web page. Can you recommend me some good program for
> this ? I know i can use Google or search packages but i want to know
> your opinion what is the best.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Maros.

MRTG has been doing this for.... over 15 years? You'll need to tun the
SNMP requests somewhat, but it works file. rrdtool also works well.