Old 06-10-2011, 06:34 AM
Rohit Vaidya

Default unable to enumerate usb device on port 5

Hello,
I have just installed Debian Squeeze successfully. On boot up I get the following message constantly dumped
on the console. Whenever I try to access the virtual terminal it gives me the same message.
"Unable to enumerate usb device on port 5" . Even a dmesg shows the same message being constantly dumped

on the terminal. What is the problem and how can we overcome this issue?
Rohit Vaidya

Old 06-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Camaleón

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:04:00 +0530, Rohit Vaidya wrote:

> I have just installed Debian Squeeze successfully. On boot up I get the
> following message constantly dumped
> on the console. Whenever I try to access the virtual terminal it gives
> me the same message.
> "Unable to enumerate usb device on port 5" . Even a dmesg shows the same
> message being constantly dumped
> on the terminal. What is the problem and how can we overcome this issue?

JFYI, there have been similar reports on this list about that error:

And there is also a bug report:

What I don't know is if someone could finally solved the problem :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 06-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Chris Brennan

* Camale?n <noelamac@gmail.com> [2011-06-10 10:25:46 +0000]:

> On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:04:00 +0530, Rohit Vaidya wrote:
>
> > I have just installed Debian Squeeze successfully. On boot up I get the
> > following message constantly dumped
> > on the console. Whenever I try to access the virtual terminal it gives
> > me the same message.
> > "Unable to enumerate usb device on port 5" . Even a dmesg shows the same
> > message being constantly dumped
> > on the terminal. What is the problem and how can we overcome this issue?
>
> JFYI, there have been similar reports on this list about that error:

> And there is also a bug report:

> What I don't know is if someone could finally solved the problem :-?

I noticed this as well last night when I had to reboot my Debian 6 laptop, I
hadn't noticed the error message before but it is dumped *a lot*, I could go
find out exactly how many times if necessary...