Old 06-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Camaleˇn

Default iceape 1.0.9 and IPv6 compatibility

On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 17:45:46 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:

> On 09/06/11 16:25, Bret Busby wrote:

>> I am running iceape 1.0.9 on Debian 5, and I am wondering whether
>> anyone can tell me whether it is compatible with IPv6.
>>
>> Similarly with the version of iceape that is available for Debian 6.
>>
>> Thank you in anticipation.
>>

> Yes. Since about 2003

And if you hace CUPS installed, it can be easily tested with:

http://[::]:631/

Greetings,

--
Camaleˇn

Old 06-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Camaleˇn

Old 06-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Scott Ferguson

On 09/06/11 21:07, ´┐Ż wrote:

The sender I see ^ is a question mark character - usually a part of
Camale├│n's name.... what character set are you using?

> On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 17:45:46 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> On 09/06/11 16:25, Bret Busby wrote:
>
>>> I am running iceape 1.0.9 on Debian 5, and I am wondering whether
>>> anyone can tell me whether it is compatible with IPv6.
>>>
>>> Similarly with the version of iceape that is available for Debian 6.
>>>
>>> Thank you in anticipation.
>>>

>> Yes. Since about 2003
>
> And if you hace CUPS installed, it can be easily tested with:
>
> http://[::]:631/
>
> Greetings,

And if your DNS server doesn't support ipv6 that's all you'll be able to
do.... you can try Google's DNS server - it'll respond to AAAA requests
but transport is not supported. If you do have ipv6 DNS support many of
the major sites that support ipv6 will only do so for the next 4 hours
(you being in WA).

You can also test your connection here:-
http://ipv6.google.com/ (and not just today).

Cheers

--
Tuttle? His name's Buttle.
There must be some mistake.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Scott Ferguson

Old 06-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Camale├│n

On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 21:26:38 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:

> On 09/06/11 21:07, ´┐Ż wrote:
>
> The sender I see ^ is a question mark character - usually a part of
> Camale├│n's name.... what character set are you using?

That should be an error from Icedove when it converts from "7bit" to
"quoted-printable" :-P

No, seriously, I dunno. I use Pan newsreader and this is what I see for
my headers:

>>> Yes. Since about 2003
>>
>> And if you hace CUPS installed, it can be easily tested with:
>>
>> http://[::]:631/
>>

> And if your DNS server doesn't support ipv6 that's all you'll be able to
> do.... you can try Google's DNS server - it'll respond to AAAA requests
> but transport is not supported. If you do have ipv6 DNS support many of
> the major sites that support ipv6 will only do so for the next 4 hours
> (you being in WA).

I have no chance for using ipv6 externally, only local. My ISP is still
not ready for that (well, it is, but not for its customers) ;-(. Should I
wanted to go out using IPv6 I would have to setup a tunnel broker but I'm
not motivated enough to try it :-)

> You can also test your connection here:- http://ipv6.google.com/ (and
> not just today).

Which reminds me that yesterday was the "World IPv6 Day" but I'm afraid
that big sites (Google, Yahoo!, Amazon, etc...) pushed a very light test
(ipv4 resolution was still avaialble) so no one was facing problems.

Greetings,

--
Camale├│n

Old 06-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Scott Ferguson

On 09/06/11 21:41, ´┐Ż wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 21:26:38 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> On 09/06/11 21:07, ´┐Ż wrote:
>>
>> The sender I see ^ is a question mark character - usually a part of
>> Camale├│n's name.... what character set are you using?
>
> That should be an error from Icedove when it converts from "7bit" to
> "quoted-printable" :-P
>
> No, seriously, I dunno. I use Pan newsreader and this is what I see for
> my headers:

<snipped>