Old 06-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Native Oberon

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 14:07 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > ETHNO can easily be installed from a diskette in an evening.

I experienced having a disk notcher at hand is very comfortable
http://www.richardlagendijk.nl/foto/cip/mix_disk_notcher_01.jpg

Old 06-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Ron Johnson

On 06/08/2011 02:41 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 14:07 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

ETHNO can easily be installed from a diskette in an evening.

I experienced having a disk notcher at hand is very comfortable
http://www.richardlagendijk.nl/foto/cip/mix_disk_notcher_01.jpg

Bah. A hand-held single-hole punch was good enough to turn a SS floppy
into a DS.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ad/Single-hole-punch.jpg

corrupt."

Archive: 4DEFF36E.4090108@cox.net">http://lists.debian.org/4DEFF36E.4090108@cox.net

Old 06-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 17:10 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> > I experienced having a disk notcher at hand is very comfortable
> > http://www.richardlagendijk.nl/foto/cip/mix_disk_notcher_01.jpg
> >

> Bah. A hand-held single-hole punch was good enough to turn a SS floppy
> into a DS.
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ad/Single-hole-punch.jpg

Btw. I guess if we would test 100 CDs and 5" discs, there would be more
CDs around 2 years old, than 5" discs around 25 years old, with data
loss. I could do such a test, but I won't do it. It's to much hassle to
get an old computer and drive working. Btw. I used a puncher for the
office
http://www.teenagewasteland.de/img/dekorativ/locher_schwarz_antik_gr.jpg
Save money + time by punching two discs at once .

A switch for the light barrier, a filigree one like those
http://view.stern.de/de/picture/1907793/SW-Bearbeitung-Schalter-alte-Technik-Hebel-Schaltkasten-Hebel-510x510.jpg
would be a smart solution.