Old 06-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Christian Simo

Default Set Up a server using Public IP Addresses on debian

Hi All

Please I got an internet with 6 fixed IP addresses, one on my cisco
router and another 5 that I want to use them as IP addresses for my
servers on my LAN so that those servers can be accessible on internet
side.

Want I tried to configure, it don't connect to internet!

Please if someone can have an ideas, I'll really appreciate

Thanks a lot

Christian

Old 06-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Nuno Magalhães

What did you try?
And where are those "ip adresses" connected to? The router? Individual
servers? A single link?

Old 06-07-2011, 06:31 PM
William Hopkins

On 06/07/11 at 08:28pm, Christian Simo wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Please I got an internet with 6 fixed IP addresses, one on my cisco
> router and another 5 that I want to use them as IP addresses for my
> servers on my LAN so that those servers can be accessible on internet
> side.
>
> Want I tried to configure, it don't connect to internet!

Please provide some details. Do you receive error messages? What do your interfaces files look like?
What's the output from ping attempts, netstat -rn, ifconfig?

--
Liam

Old 06-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Christian Simo

Thank you for your response,
this is my "/etc/network/interfaces"
iface eth1 inet static
address 41.134.19.90
netmask 255.255.255.248
broadcast 41.134.19.95
gateway 10.0.0.2

the above IP addresses are set up on one of my computer on my LAN

The IP address 41.134.19.89 is in my cisco router

Old 06-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 20:28:23 +0200, Christian Simo wrote:

> Please I got an internet with 6 fixed IP addresses, one on my cisco
> router and another 5 that I want to use them as IP addresses for my
> servers on my LAN so that those servers can be accessible on internet
> side.
>
> Want I tried to configure, it don't connect to internet!

Those configurations tend to be very ISP specific.

We also get some static IPs from ourISP and have configured it to be
public and accesable from Internet using the FTTH router capabilities
("nated" routing) but YMMV *a lot*.

The more details you provide about your devices and setup (what kind of
services do you want to be routed to your local lan, e.g., a web server,
e-mail server...?), the better.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 06-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Nuno Magalhães

2011/6/7 Christian Simo <csimo28@gmail.com>:
> iface eth1 inet static
> * *address 41.134.19.90
> * *netmask 255.255.255.248
> * *broadcast 41.134.19.95
> * *gateway 10.0.0.2
>
> the above IP addresses are set up on one of my computer on my LAN

Isn't this a node in a LAN, with a public IP address? You either have
very weird router configurations or that node is receiving nothing.
The public IPs should be in devices facing the internet, not in LAN
devices.

--
Mars 2 Stay!
http://xkcd.com/801/

Old 06-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Christian Simo

I wanna run DNS and Web Servers
my ISP give to me a following IP:

Router IP 41.134.19.89
Network Mask 41.134.19.88 255.255.255.248
Broadcast Address 41.134.19.95
Network Address 41.134.19.88
WAN IP Range 41.134.19.88/29

and another public IP as follow allocated to me :
41.134.19.90
41.134.19.91
41.134.19.92
41.134.19.93
41.134.19.94

It is my first time to use a public IP on the private network

Old 06-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Christian Simo

On 6/7/11, Nuno Magalhães <nunomagalhaes@eu.ipp.pt> wrote:
> 2011/6/7 Christian Simo <csimo28@gmail.com>:
>> iface eth1 inet static
>> address 41.134.19.90
>> netmask 255.255.255.248
>> broadcast 41.134.19.95
>> gateway 10.0.0.2
>>
>> the above IP addresses are set up on one of my computer on my LAN
>
> Isn't this a node in a LAN, with a public IP address? You either have
> very weird router configurations or that node is receiving nothing.
> The public IPs should be in devices facing the internet, not in LAN
> devices

So It's meaning that I should run for example my DNS server on the LAN?
What about those another IPs public assigned to me?

It make me confuse a lot!

Old 06-07-2011, 07:07 PM
William Hopkins

On 06/07/11 at 08:39pm, Christian Simo wrote:
> Thank you for your response,
> this is my "/etc/network/interfaces"
> iface eth1 inet static
> address 41.134.19.90
> netmask 255.255.255.248
> broadcast 41.134.19.95
> gateway 10.0.0.2

Change 'gateway' to be your router IP. Let us know what happens.

--
Liam

Old 06-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Christian Simo

On 6/7/11, William Hopkins <we.hopkins@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/07/11 at 08:39pm, Christian Simo wrote:
>> Thank you for your response,
>> this is my "/etc/network/interfaces"
>> iface eth1 inet static
>> address 41.134.19.90
>> netmask 255.255.255.248
>> broadcast 41.134.19.95
>> gateway 10.0.0.2
>
> Change 'gateway' to be your router IP. Let us know what happens.

after changed gateway to router IP (41.134.19.89), the command
ifconfig it showing eth1 now but; ping doesn’t work