Old 06-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default How to use ALSA from the kernel?

Hi

after removing all ALSA packages, excepted of libasound2, ALSA is
broken. I kept libasound2, because it's a dependency for audio apps. If
needed I could replace it by a dummy package.

Right now I build kernel 2.6.39.1 to replace my kernel 2.6.33.9-rt31. I
suspect, that when the kernel is installed, ALSA still will be broken.
How can I use ALSA from the kernel?

Cheers!

Ralf

Old 06-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Ron Johnson

after removing all ALSA packages, excepted of libasound2, ALSA is
broken. I kept libasound2, because it's a dependency for audio apps. If
needed I could replace it by a dummy package.

Right now I build kernel 2.6.39.1 to replace my kernel 2.6.33.9-rt31. I
suspect, that when the kernel is installed, ALSA still will be broken.
How can I use ALSA from the kernel?

Reload the alsa packages you removed?

corrupt."