Old 06-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Lisi

Default Debian Questions on apt-get - erratum

On Monday 06 June 2011 20:14:34 Lisi wrote:
> The fact that you are unfamiliar with apt-get update

should, of course, be apt-get full-upgrade. Sorry :-( I'm a lousy typist and
teh keyboard seems to affect my brain.

Lisi

Old 06-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Tom H

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 06 June 2011 20:14:34 Lisi wrote:
>>
>> The fact that you are unfamiliar with apt-get update
>
> should, of course, be apt-get full-upgrade.

You mean "apt-get dist-upgrade" ("aptitude full-upgrade" is the
aptitude equivalent).

Old 06-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Lisi

On Monday 06 June 2011 21:25:52 Tom H wrote:
> You mean "apt-get dist-upgrade" ("aptitude full-upgrade" is the
> aptitude equivalent).

Thanks - I am much more familiar with aptitude. Because aptitude
has "switched" (by recommendation, not by formal instructions) from aptitude
dist-upgrade to aptitude full-upgrade I assumed - falsely it transpires -
that apt-get had done the same. :-(

Lisi