Old 06-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Gilbert Sullivan

Default no java plugin for Wheezy browsers?

During the spate of upgrades that I installed on my Wheezy systems over
the past few days I noticed that the icedtea6-plugin package had been
removed. There's only one site at which I use a Java plugin for my
browsers. I'm not going to use the non-free or contrib repositories on
these systems, so the Sun Java stuff won't do for me.

Would anyone know whether or not a replacement for (or alternative to)
this plugin is slated for arrival in testing main repository any time
soon? I checked the Debian Java dev list and didn't see any information
about it at all.

Archive: BLU0-SMTP141664E5CBAE5A2C5193E6099600@phx.gbl">http://lists.debian.org/BLU0-SMTP141664E5CBAE5A2C5193E6099600@phx.gbl

Old 06-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Camaleón

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 13:22:51 -0400, Gilbert Sullivan wrote:

> During the spate of upgrades that I installed on my Wheezy systems over
> the past few days I noticed that the icedtea6-plugin package had been
> removed. There's only one site at which I use a Java plugin for my
> browsers. I'm not going to use the non-free or contrib repositories on
> these systems, so the Sun Java stuff won't do for me.

If the plugin package has been taken off, you will have to wait for its
restoration.

> Would anyone know whether or not a replacement for (or alternative to)
> this plugin is slated for arrival in testing main repository any time
> soon? I checked the Debian Java dev list and didn't see any information
> about it at all.

At the changelog for openjdk-6 we can read that the build for NetX and
the plugin has been stopped:

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/o/openjdk-6/openjdk-6_6b18-1.8.7-5/changelog

Greetings,

--