Old 06-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Peter Beck

Default Evolution is unusable

On 06/05/2011 11:49 PM, Vladimir Kerka wrote:

some two or three weeks ago Evolution decided there is no internet
connection to my computer and from that moment it works offline. I can't
get it back again, because "online" is grayed.

Hi Vlada,

are you using NetworkManager ? I've had similar issues and editing
/etc/NetworkManager/networkmanager.conf to manage the devices solved
this issue:

[ifupdown]
managed=true

Another "solution" is to completely remove NetworkManager and use wicd
instead.

Cheers
Peter

Archive: 4DEC02A5.4060408@datentraeger.li">http://lists.debian.org/4DEC02A5.4060408@datentraeger.li

Old 06-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Vladimir Kerka

Hi Peter,
many thanks for your advice, I did what you wrote and it's OK now (no
surprise for you :-) )

Great!

Many thanks once more

HAND