Old 06-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Mathieu Malaterre

Default re-installing grub (lvm)

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Mathieu Malaterre
<mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> wrote:
> chroot: can't change root directory to /dev/sda: Not a directory
>
> *Disk is simply: Win7 as primary partitation and the second one is
> simply an LVM with /root, /home, / and swap (in this order).

I restarted the process. Properly selected to execute the shell in
'lvm/hpdesk/root'. From within the shell:

grub-install /dev/sda

but upon reboot the grub list is empty ...

Not quite there, but making progress

--
Mathieu

Old 06-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Pol Hallen

> but upon reboot the grub list is empty ...

update-grub2?

or dpkg-reconfigure grub-pc

Pol

Old 06-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Mathieu Malaterre

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Pol Hallen <deben@fuckaround.org> wrote:
>> but upon reboot the grub list is empty ...
>
> update-grub2?
>
> or dpkg-reconfigure grub-pc

update-grub2 did some neat tricks ! However it failed to detect my
past system within LVM.
I did lost too much time on this, so I'll simply re-install a complete
system on a spare disk.

Thanks anyway
--
Mathieu