Old 06-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Johnathan Ritzi

Default New Squeeze install fails to boot (not even to grub)

Problem solved (I think). After digging some more, I realized that after the install the only partition marked bootable was /dev/sda6 (Linux root). I used fdisk to make /dev/sda2 also bootable (the main Windows partition) and grub (and everything else) came up fine. I believe the original set up was using Debian installer defaults. Is this something I should report against the installer somehow?