Old 06-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Dirk

Default FAIL: where is snes9x?

LOL,

after 15 years snes9x has a GUI and the first thing that happens: debian
removes it from the distro...

so much fail... it impossible to grasp such a huge amount of fail...

30000+ packages and i still need to compile shit myself... xD

Archive: 4DE96605.6080802@gmx.net">http://lists.debian.org/4DE96605.6080802@gmx.net

Old 06-03-2011, 11:22 PM
shawn wilson

On Jun 3, 2011 7:09 PM, "Dirk" <noisyb@gmx.net> wrote:

> LOL,

> after 15 years snes9x has a GUI and the first thing that happens: debian removes it from the distro...

> so much fail... it impossible to grasp such a huge amount of fail...

> 30000+ packages and i still need to compile shit myself... xD

Just a thought - you do know that Google removed all of the console emulators from their market?

One probably has nothing to do with the other, but.... I'd search around and if you can't find anything, ask the debian maintainer.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:44 PM
John Hasler

"Dirk" wrote:
> after 15 years snes9x has a GUI and the first thing that happens:
> debian removes it from the distro...

thumper/~ apt-cache show snes9x-x
Package: snes9x-x
Section: non-free/games
Installed-Size: 2432
Maintainer: Alain Schroeder <alain@debian.org>
Architecture: amd64
Source: snes9x
Version: 1:1.5-1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.5-1), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1-12), libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1-12), libx11-6, libxext6, libxxf86dga1, libxxf86vm1, zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.1)
Suggests: zsnes
Conflicts: snes9x-common, snes9x-server, snes9x-fx, snes9x-svga, snes9x-opengl
Filename: pool/non-free/s/snes9x/snes9x-x_1.5-1_amd64.deb
Size: 971172
MD5sum: 27807c2e66ff2a71d2f5a08cfdeb6b1b
SHA1: 2db1f2007ec37ab17e7715e7b04ca87f7e869f8a
SHA256: 8467e3ce9723bfae330ce5f0fa77696c61ae9778da6e271a4a e8ac4f4f05b700
Snes9x is a portable, freeware Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)
emulator. It basically allows you to play most games designed for the SNES
and Super Famicom Nintendo game systems on your PC or Workstation; they
include some real gems that were only ever released in Japan.
Tag: hardware::emulation, implemented-in::c++, interface::x11, role:rogram, uitoolkit::xlib, use::gameplaying, x11::application

--
John Hasler

Old 06-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Ron Johnson