Old 06-03-2011, 09:32 AM
AG

Default iceweasel & swiftfox not rendering pages

Hi all

Has anyone else experienced problems with Iceweasel/ Swiftfox not
rendering web pages properly? Any page I go to will be rendered with
blue hypertext text only, no images, no lay out, etc., whilst other
browsers (Iceape, Opera, Chromium) do the job just fine.

Cheers

AG

Archive: 4DE8AA11.2000601@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4DE8AA11.2000601@gmail.com

Old 06-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Camaleón

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 10:32:01 +0100, AG wrote:

> Has anyone else experienced problems with Iceweasel/ Swiftfox not
> rendering web pages properly? Any page I go to will be rendered with
> blue hypertext text only, no images, no lay out, etc., whilst other
> browsers (Iceape, Opera, Chromium) do the job just fine.

Under what Debian version?

It could be:

a/ If you're running testing/sid, a bad update → wait & see :-)
b/ Corrupted browser's user profile → try with a new empty one

Anyway, and just in case, I would perform a full cache cleaning.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 06-04-2011, 09:58 AM
AG

Has anyone else experienced problems with Iceweasel/ Swiftfox not
rendering web pages properly? Any page I go to will be rendered with
blue hypertext text only, no images, no lay out, etc., whilst other
browsers (Iceape, Opera, Chromium) do the job just fine.

Under what Debian version?

It could be:

a/ If you're running testing/sid, a bad update → wait& see :-)
b/ Corrupted browser's user profile → try with a new empty one

Anyway, and just in case, I would perform a full cache cleaning.

Greetings,

Hey there Camaleón

Thanks - as always - for your helpful suggestion(s).

You were quite right, something in my profile was borked, so after much
faffing around I was able to rebuild a new profile while retaining
book-marks, preferences & add-ons. How it got borked remains a mystery,
but pragmatically it's fixed, and that is the important part.

Thanks again.

AG