Old 06-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Rodolfo Medina

Default Anyone got ZTE K3565-Z working with Debian?

...I couldn't. It's a usb stick for internet connection, sold by Vodafone.
Any help appreciated. The stuff I've found googling around didn't help in my
case.

Thanks
Rodolfo

Old 06-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Brian

On Thu 02 Jun 2011 at 19:14:44 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> ...I couldn't. It's a usb stick for internet connection, sold by Vodafone.
> Any help appreciated. The stuff I've found googling around didn't help in my
> case.

Oddly enough, knowing what failed for you would have been helpful.

You have a modem. Theoretically, all modems should work with Vodafone.
Even those they don't peddle.

Installion of the usb-modeswitch package is probably needed. Check what
lsusb says before and afterwards.

You will have to have a username, password and APN. Searching Google
should get you those.

Where you go from there depends on whether you are using pon/poff,
wvdial or NM.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Baurzhan Ismagulov

On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 09:20:02PM +0200, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> ...I couldn't. It's a usb stick for internet connection, sold by Vodafone.
> Any help appreciated. The stuff I've found googling around didn't help in my
> case.

Works for me with vodafone-mobile-connect 2.10.01-1 from
http://www.betavine.net/bvportal/resources/datacards/os/ubuntu .

With kind regards,
--
Baurzhan Ismagulov