FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-31-2011, 09:52 PM
Nick Lidakis
 
Default u3-tool for usb flash drive fails with errors

I have a San Disk micro-cruzer 2GB flash USB drive. I'm trying to use the
u3-tool to remove the u3 software but I'm having no luck.

Output:

phobos:/home/nick# u3-tool -i -D /dev/sdg
u3_partition_info() failed: Device reported command failed: status 1
u3_data_partition_info() failed: Device reported command failed: status 1
Chip info:
- Manufacturer: SanDisk
- Revision: 4.05

Property page 0x03:
- Device size: 2055019008 byte(0x003d3e8d)
- Device serial: 000018604575513E
- Full record length: 0x00000077
- Unknown1: 0x03
- Unknown2: 0x54060781
- Unknown3: 0x54060781

Property page 0x0C:
- Max. pass. try: 100

Trying this, too:

phobos:/home/nick# u3-tool -p 0 /dev/sdg

WARNING: Loading a new cd image causes the whole device to be whiped. This
INCLUDES
the data partition.
I repeat: ANY EXCISTING DATA WILL BE LOST!

Are you sure you want to continue? [yn] y
u3_partition() failed: Failed rounding partition sectors: Device reported
command failed: status 1

Or this:

phobos:/home/nick# u3-tool -p 0 /dev/sdg1

WARNING: Loading a new cd image causes the whole device to be whiped. This
INCLUDES
the data partition.
I repeat: ANY EXCISTING DATA WILL BE LOST!

Are you sure you want to continue? [yn] y
u3_partition() failed: Failed rounding partition sectors: Device reported
command failed: status 1


Relevant mount info mount:

/dev/sr2 on /media/U3 System type iso9660 (ro,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=hal)
/dev/sdg1 on /media/SWEETNESS type vfat (rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=hal)

df lists:

/dev/sr2 5590 5590 0 100% /media/U3 System
/dev/sdg1 1993912 1557264 436648 79% /media/SWEETNESS


Any way to get U3 off my disc without finding a Windows box?



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110531215250.GC3170@phobos">http://lists.debian.org/20110531215250.GC3170@phobos
 
Old 06-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Camaleón
 
Default u3-tool for usb flash drive fails with errors

On Tue, 31 May 2011 17:52:50 -0400, Nick Lidakis wrote:

> I have a San Disk micro-cruzer 2GB flash USB drive. I'm trying to use
> the u3-tool to remove the u3 software but I'm having no luck.

(...)

I've found a bug for Ubuntu with many similarities to yours:

u3-tool 0.3 fails on cruzer 2GB stick
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/u3-tool/+bug/534070

Although the last message seems to indicate that, despite the error, the
U3 software should have gone :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: pan.2011.06.01.11.07.16@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.06.01.11.07.16@gmail.com
 
Old 06-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Nick Lidakis
 
Default u3-tool for usb flash drive fails with errors

On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 11:07:16AM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> On Tue, 31 May 2011 17:52:50 -0400, Nick Lidakis wrote:
>
> > I have a San Disk micro-cruzer 2GB flash USB drive. I'm trying to use
> > the u3-tool to remove the u3 software but I'm having no luck.
>
> (...)
>
> I've found a bug for Ubuntu with many similarities to yours:
>
> u3-tool 0.3 fails on cruzer 2GB stick
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/u3-tool/+bug/534070
>
> Although the last message seems to indicate that, despite the error, the
> U3 software should have gone :-?

No. A Goole search reveals that many people have been having the same issue
with the removal aspect of u3-tool. Mine also gave errors when using the -i
-D flags as well. After trying for 2 days, I used a Mac to download the U3
utility from Sandisk to remove the offending software.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 20110601144251.GD3170@phobos">http://lists.debian.org/20110601144251.GD3170@phobos
 
Old 06-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Camaleón
 
Default u3-tool for usb flash drive fails with errors

On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:42:51 -0400, Nick Lidakis wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 11:07:16AM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Tue, 31 May 2011 17:52:50 -0400, Nick Lidakis wrote:
>>
>> > I have a San Disk micro-cruzer 2GB flash USB drive. I'm trying to use
>> > the u3-tool to remove the u3 software but I'm having no luck.
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> I've found a bug for Ubuntu with many similarities to yours:
>>
>> u3-tool 0.3 fails on cruzer 2GB stick
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/u3-tool/+bug/534070
>>
>> Although the last message seems to indicate that, despite the error,
>> the U3 software should have gone :-?
>
> No. A Goole search reveals that many people have been having the same
> issue with the removal aspect of u3-tool. Mine also gave errors when
> using the -i -D flags as well. After trying for 2 days, I used a Mac to
> download the U3 utility from Sandisk to remove the offending software.

Then you can also report it, to Debian BTS or even upstream. There can be
a problem with the app itself.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: pan.2011.06.01.15.51.16@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/pan.2011.06.01.15.51.16@gmail.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:23 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org