Old 05-31-2011, 07:38 PM
David Baron

Default Configuring WIFI

My android can use WIFI. Works fine with who knows whose WIFI it happens to find and connect-to. The one on my wireless router, however, connects but cannot access and web pages or other data through it.

Is there something I need to enable in a firewall?

Or in other options/conf files somewhere?

Sort of unfair to "steal" someone's bandwidth just because it's there :-)

Old 05-31-2011, 08:28 PM
Dotan Cohen

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 22:38, David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:
> My android can use WIFI. Works fine with who knows whose WIFI it happens to
> find and connect-to. The one on my wireless router, however, connects but
> cannot access and web pages or other data through it.
>
> Is there something I need to enable in a firewall?
>
> Or in other options/conf files somewhere?
>
> Sort of unfair to "steal" someone's bandwidth just because it's there :-)

Can you please reword you question in the form:
This is what I need to accomplish: _____.
This is what I tried but didn't work: _____.

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 06-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Camaleón

On Tue, 31 May 2011 22:38:46 +0300, David Baron wrote:

> My android can use WIFI.

But this is a Debian list :-)

> Works fine with who knows whose WIFI it happens
> to find and connect-to. The one on my wireless router, however, connects
> but cannot access and web pages or other data through it.

Does the AP work when you connect it from another device?

> Is there something I need to enable in a firewall? Or in other
> options/conf files somewhere?

Does the AP provide DHCP? Does the AP has any sort of filter (mac
address)?

> Sort of unfair to "steal" someone's bandwidth just because it's there
> :-)

"Unfair"? In some countries it's illegal :-P

Greetings,

--
Camaleón