Old 05-31-2011, 09:03 AM
Pierre Frenkiel

Default converting apple quicktime to mpeg

hi,
I tried several methods to convert a .mov file to .mpg, but none really works,
and google didn't help me in that case.
ffmpeg seemed to me the best choice, but I get:

Invalid data found when processing input

As it seems to work for other people, I suppose that some ffmeg codec
is missing, but which one?
(I can read the .mov file with vlc, mplayer, ...)

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel

Archive: alpine.DEB.2.00.1105311045560.6820@pfr2.frenkiel-hure.net">http://lists.debian.org/alpine.DEB.2.00.1105311045560.6820@pfr2.frenkiel-hure.net

Old 05-31-2011, 09:21 AM
Ron Johnson

I tried several methods to convert a .mov file to .mpg, but none really
works,
and google didn't help me in that case.
ffmpeg seemed to me the best choice, but I get:

Invalid data found when processing input

We need the exact command and all the output. (OK to attach as a text
file.)

As it seems to work for other people, I suppose that some ffmeg codec
is missing, but which one?
(I can read the .mov file with vlc, mplayer, ...)

best regards,

corrupt."