Old 05-31-2011, 08:10 AM
Mathieu Malaterre

Default Inline PGP with Evolution

Hi,

Does anyone knows whether or not evolution (in squeeze) support
inline PGP signing ? I do need inline signing for a robot that only
support inline PGP.

Thanks
--
Mathieu

Old 05-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 31 May 2011 10:10:39 +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> Does anyone knows whether or not evolution (in squeeze) support
> inline PGP signing ? I do need inline signing for a robot that only
> support inline PGP.

By reading this FAQ:

http://live.gnome.org/Evolution/FAQ#I_receive_emails_beginning_with_PGP_signatures .2C_what_can_I_do.3F

It looks like only outline PGP signing is fully supported, but sounds a
bit strange that nowadays this cannot be changed in the MUA.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 05-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Ma, 31 mai 11, 13:03:42, Camaleón wrote:

> It looks like only outline PGP signing is fully supported, but sounds a
> bit strange that nowadays this cannot be changed in the MUA.

Probably because inline is deprecated for years

Regards,
Andrei

Old 05-31-2011, 05:18 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 31 May 2011 19:53:56 +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> On Ma, 31 mai 11, 13:03:42, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>> It looks like only outline PGP signing is fully supported, but sounds a
>> bit strange that nowadays this cannot be changed in the MUA.
>
> Probably because inline is deprecated for years

Deprecated? Well, tell that to people that still use it, hum... maybe can
be still relevant for mailing lists that remove attachments? >>>;-)

P.S. IIRC Mutt allows to use both styles, and IMO that's what a good MUA
does, giving options to users.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 05-31-2011, 05:25 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Ma, 31 mai 11, 17:18:43, Camaleón wrote:

> P.S. IIRC Mutt allows to use both styles, and IMO that's what a good MUA
> does, giving options to users.

I agree, but I would still avoid if if at all possible, since I doubt it
gets too much testing lately.

Regards,
Andrei