Old 05-31-2011, 05:18 AM

Default mini pic express WLAN card which support AP mode

Hi all,

Any recommendations for cards that are known to work with the current stable distribution in master mode, i.e. as an access point ?

Thank you,

Brian

Old 05-31-2011, 05:30 AM
Volkan YAZICI

On Mon, 30 May 2011 22:18:16 -0700, writes:
> Any recommendations for cards that are known to work with the current
> stable distribution in master mode, i.e. as an access point ?

I *highly* recommend Atheros WiFi cards. (Particularly, 5000 and 9000
series.) Master mode, ad-hoc mode, etc. all is supported perfectly.

Best.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:23 AM
Werner Opriel

briand@aracnet.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Any recommendations for cards that are known to work with the current
> stable distribution in master mode, i.e. as an access point ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Brian

Wistron CM9-GP 108 MBit/s a/b/g Wireless LAN Mini-PCI-Karte
Chipset: Atheros AR5213A

works perfectly with Debian Squeeze in AP Mode and WPA2

Old 05-31-2011, 07:04 AM
Mark

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 10:30 PM, Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo@ttmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, 30 May 2011 22:18:16 -0700, writes:

> Any recommendations for cards that are known to work with the current

> stable distribution in master mode, i.e. as an access point ?

I *highly* recommend Atheros WiFi cards. (Particularly, 5000 and 9000

series.) Master mode, ad-hoc mode, etc. all is supported perfectly.

+1.* I have one Ath5k card and it's rock solid with Debian.