Old 05-30-2011, 11:28 PM
prad

Default xfs backup system vs rsynce

xfsdump and xfsrestore seem to be a good combo and i recall using dump
and restore on freebsd.

the past year we've been using rsync which is very convenient.

do people have any thoughts regarding these as far as creating backups?

my feelings are slanted towards using xfs tools since i'm using xfs,
though i would appreciate hearing what people have to say before leaving
rsync behind (though i may use it locally for quick stuff).

--
in friendship,
prad