Old 05-14-2011, 03:58 AM
Jason Hsu

Default Swift Linux 0.1.0 is now available!

Swift Linux 0.1.0 is now available at http://www.swiftlinux.org and based on the new antiX Linux M11. There are two plain vanilla editions (Diet Swift Linux and Regular Swift Linux) and four special editions (Taylor Swift Linux, iCarly Swift Linux, Magnum P.I. Swift Linux, and NASCAR Swift Linux).

Swift Linux is lightweight, fully compatible with the large Debian software repository, and user-friendly. No other distro can compete with Swift Linux on all three of these criteria. If you wish that Puppy Linux had a large software repository, or if you wish that Linux Mint could be as lightweight as Puppy Linux, then this is the distro for you.

Swift Linux gives that old computer a new lease on life! Windows XP support ends on April 8, 2014. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars on a new computer or slowing down your old computer with a costly and bloated "upgrade", make the REAL UPGRADE to Swift Linux.

P.S. Swift Linux NEEDS more developers! The version control system is GitHub (https://github.com/swiftlinux), and the bug/goal tracker is Launchpad.net (https://launchpad.net/swiftlinux). Developers who have worked on any of the following distros are especially appreciated:
Linux Mint (very successful track record and user-friendly)
Puppy Linux (very lightweight and user-friendly)
antiX Linux (parent distro of Swift Linux)

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com>

Old 05-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Vi, 13 mai 11, 22:58:28, Jason Hsu wrote:

> Swift Linux is lightweight, fully compatible with the large Debian
> software repository, and user-friendly. No other distro can compete
> with Swift Linux on all three of these criteria. If you wish that
> Puppy Linux had a large software repository, or if you wish that Linux
> Mint could be as lightweight as Puppy Linux, then this is the distro
> for you.

Hi Jason,

Since your Swift Linux is fully compatible with Debian you might benefit
a lot from Debian Pure Blends: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends

Regards,
Andrei