Old 05-13-2011, 10:48 PM
"Selim T. Erdogan"

Default Xorg keyboard/mouse "no reaction" under testing.

Magicloud Magiclouds, 14.05.2011 tarihinde şöyle yazmış:
> Hi,
> As I recalled, I had learnt about this problem. Well, I forgot how
> to resolve it....
> With Debian Testing branch, newly installed xorg, when startx, the
> keyboard/mouse lost their function at all. By this I mean,
> click/move/any key press does not work at all.
> Any idea?

There was a bug in unstable last month, about udev and the /run
directory. When that hit me, my touchpad didn't work, though plugging
in a USB mouse did. (I think my keyboard was affected too at some
point but I can't remember for sure.) This bug also affected other
hardware like networking and sound.

This bug was discussed on the mailing list, though I can't remember if
there were reports of it affecting testing. I just remembered that bug
when reading your description...

So, if you have a message about /run or /run/udev at boot-up, and you
have a directory /run/udev, then doing "rm -rf /run/udev/" might work.
(That's what I did at the time to solve my problems.)

Old 05-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Philipp Drum

Hi,

* Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:
> As I recalled, I had learnt about this problem. Well, I forgot how
> to resolve it....
> With Debian Testing branch, newly installed xorg, when startx, the
> keyboard/mouse lost their function at all. By this I mean,
> click/move/any key press does not work at all.
> Any idea?

I had this problem last week/
I got the keyboard working with:

Section "ServerFlags"
Option "AllowEmptyInput" "false"
Option "AutoEnableDevices" "false"
EndSection

The mouse didn't work with the evdev driver. Using 'mouse' as
drivers works, but I lost the mouse wheel left/right buttons.

/Philipp